I only posted about my garden a few times last year, and I’d like to post a bit more often this spring and summer as planting gets underway! I’m going to try to post every Saturday or every couple of Saturdays, depending on how fast things are changing.
In the garden this week:
- Pulling weeds and debris from the past few months and generally tidying the garden bed
- Taking seed inventory and making planting decisions for this year
- Seeding potted herbs (chives, cilantro, parsley) and an early crop of radishes in a container (these can be brought indoors on colder nights)
- Starting greens (mesclun mix) and beans for later transplant into the main bed
- Hoping for warmer weather soon (our last frost date is May 2nd, but it’s been an especially cold spring and a few nights are still below freezing)
See all of this year’s garden posts here.
Let me know in the comments if you’re planting a garden or any container plants this year… have you started seeding or is it still too cold?